Essential SEO Toolkit is a collection of useful SEO tools, which when clicked open the tool using the current URL.
This is v2 of the Essential SEO Toolkit (see the new features listed below) is a free collection of useful SEO tools, which when clicked open the tool using the current URL. The SEO tools and resources involved are what we believe can be useful for web developers, SEO professionals and marketers. The toolkit has a variety of tools, when clicked on any of them, a new tab will open when the tool opens and pass the current URL to the tool for quick and easy viewing of the given website’s data.
Toolkit installation process
Install SEO Toolkit by following these easy steps:
1) Click the “Add to Chrome” button
2) On the next screen, click the “Add Extension” button
3) A message will be displayed saying “Essential SEO Toolkit has been successfully added to Chrome”
4) That’s it, the extension is now available and ready to use!
The tools included are divided into five groups and cover different areas of SEO and social media. These devices can be accessed by clicking on the radio button next to the device name:
1) SEO and Traffic Analysis
General intelligence tool with traffic thrust, but also other features:
A) Alexa – Analyze your own / competitors’ traffic with a full suite of SEO tools
b) Seranking – an SEO suite with 35+ internal tools to analyze traffic and other SEO areas
c) SEMRush – a powerful intelligence suite for SEO, PPC, social media and video research
2) Speed analysis
A range of tools designed to provide opportunities to increase website speed / performance:
a) PSDI tool – monitoring the speed, performance and availability of the website
B) GT Metrics – Analyze page speed performance, view scores with PageSpeed and YSLO
C) Google PageSpeed Insights – PageSpeed scores and suggestions directly from Google
3) Website and SEO Audit
Audit tools that will often identify several areas of potential improvements for websites:
a) WooRank – Review your website and identify keywords with the WooRank SEO checker
B) Nibbler (Silkytide) – test tool for access, SEO, social media and other compliance
c) SEOptimer – A tool that analyzes and grades a website, showing areas of improvement
D) Sitecatcher – 100+ parameter audit report contains metadata, images, links etc.
4) backlinks analysis
Analyze backlinks for your and competing websites with this tool:
a) Majestic – a suite of link intelligence tools for SEO and digital marketing
b) Ahrefs – SEO toolset includes backlinks, competitor analysis, keyword research etc.
C) Moses Link Explorer – a set of link analysis and competitive research tools from Moses
5) social signals
Tools that provide quick insights into the amount of social shares of a URL:
a) Social Share Count Checker – Tracks social media shares for URLs in seconds
B) Count checker – # shows of shares, likes and comments for many social media sites
** What’s new in v2.0? **
1. A facelift – First, the device has a facelift and a more modern UX:
2. Settings panel – We now have a cog symbol in the top right hand corner that will load a settings panel. Here you can add your own categories and tools, which will be saved and shown when you use the Essential SEO Toolkit. Please note – these settings will only save locally for you and will not affect other users of the Google Chrome extension.
3. Add Your Own Tool – If you are an online tool vendor that you think will be useful, you can click on the ‘Add your own tool’ button and suggest to add your own tool to our extension. Huh.
4. Necessary new tools – We have added the following new categories and SEO tools:
Check out various user-experience related aspects related to your website or web page:
a) Google Mobile-Friendly Test – A tool that will report whether your URL passes Google’s mobile-friendly test
B) Respondent – a related tool that shows how your URL will actually appear on different devices and screen resolutions so that you can quickly see how a user will view your page or post
C) Think with Google Tests – It specifically reports on many aspects of your URL related to page speed metrics and load times.
Tools to assess various factors related to technical SEO (on-site SEO), including your content and markup:
A) Copscape Duplicate Content Checker – a tool to check if any content in your URL is duplicated from anywhere on the web
b Google Structured Data Testing Tool – Evaluate your code to test opportunities for adding structured data and rich snippets
C) Citadel Crawler – Assess your site’s internal content for duplicate content, broken links and more
d) XML Sitemap Generator – automatically generates an XML sitemap for your domain